Question about getting another turtle

Discussions about turtles.
jlrgds
Level 1
Level 1

I\'ve had my turtle red ear slider for about four years. He\'s a lot older than that, but he\'s not very sociable. I got him from an abusive home. I feed/take care of him and everything, but I really don\'t handle him because he either gets angry or frightened.

So my question is if I should introduce him to another turtle and if so, what should I do. I\'d love any advice on this situation. Thanks in Advance.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

This question has been asked before in the help section, about adding a young res with an older in the following link:http://www.allturtles.com/msgboard/view ... picID=4533
If you have another smaller tank to put the other turtle so that the older one gets used to seeing him, maybe he would tolerate him. Who knows, let us know how it goes.

If you have a friend with a smaller turtle you might try using his to see what your turtle\'s reaction would be.:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

a smaller turtle won\'t be a good idea but maybe a bigger one will do something..what if it was a female? unless u don\'t want babies then introducing a female might be easier than another bigger or smaller male
  • Information