what kind of turtle do I have?

Discussions about turtles.
lotus_know

Hello eveyone!
I bought myself a cute turtle about a week ago and I still haven\'t figured out what specie it is! I am currently in China and I bought it off the street (that\'s how it works here, they sell rabbits, fish, birds...out on the street). So my turtle really looks like a red eared turtle but it is only about one inch big! It\'s really really cute! I was also wandering if it would go into hibernation if it is too cold (there are no heating systems here for winter because it only last about three months and it never goes below 0C)? It has barley moved in like 3 days!
thanks for the help
Pascale
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

It might be a Chinese species. Any info on it?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

got any pix? it might be a RES hatchling:)
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I was looking at different areas of the map and it seems that RES are all over the planet, (introduced) as they say. So yours might be a red ear.
Last edited by STRAYKINGFISHER on Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

believe me..they are ALL OVER THE WORLD ; )
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

figure out what is the kind soon cause i don\'t think it\'s good that he didn\'t move for 3 days...and if he a res u gonna have to probably buy a heater cause u have to maintain the temp around 75F in the water so that way ur turtle can eat...not having a heater may send ur turtle in \"false hibernation\"(it\'s not the proper term)making him not eating but not slowing down is metabolism enough so the poor turtle end-up eating it\'s own reserve(calcium,vitamin)and starving to death(eventually)and a turtle sould not hibernated under 3 years old....hope it help..
  • Information