MY TURTLES HAVE WORMS

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
kat6155

I HAVE TWO AQUATIC TURTLES AND AFTER CHANGING THE WATER WE NOTICED TWO BIG ROUND BALLS AND A FEW WORMS. WHAT DO I DO??????? I USE THE TETRA TURTLE CONDITIONER AND WATER CONDITIONER.I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO? I GOT THEM FROM A FRIEND. WE HAVE A 20 GALLON TANK AND A ISLAND FOR THEM TO SUN ON. WE EVEN GIVE THEM CARROTS AND REPTILE FOOD SOLD IN WALMART FOR AQUATIC TURTLES. PLEASE HELP. MY CHILD LOST HIS DOG AND THESE ARE ALL HE CARES ABOUT.
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

i know nothing about worms but this site;www.turtletimes.com could be real helpful...check it out and keep us post ur info might be helpful for someone else..:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

ur tank isn\'t that big so i don\'t know if u have some space for adding some worm and algae eaters
bonnie_lynn2001
Level 3
Level 3

DO YOU HAVE GRAVEL OR ROCKS IN YOUR TANK
I USED TO HAVE GRAVEL AND I NOTICED LIL WHITE WORMS IN MY TANK
I ASKED MY PET STORE MAN WHAT WAS THE CAUSE
HE SAID THEY FORM FROM THE GRAVEL ( KINDA NATURES WAY OF CLEANING UP) BUT HE SAID THEY ARE NOT PARISITES
BUT I REMOVED THEM AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM SINCE
I KEEP THE TANK PRETTY PLAIN SO NOTHING DEVELOPES
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I found this article about worms on the Tortoise Trust Website, it might give you some information about what to do if your turtle has worms:

http://www.tortoisetrust.org/articles/worming.html

I hope it helps you out, this other one is from the same website, it might answer any other question you might have. Good luck and I hope everything turns out alright.

http://www.tortoisetrust.org/articles/articles.html
  • Information