what kind am i

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
icia

your info was greaaatly apprecaiated we figured out that they are eastern painted turtles. they are doing well we got them in a large tank with all the proper light and settings the are certainly carnivarous little buggers we bought them shrimp and blood worms boy they are just too cute i have them eaating out of my hand they cllimb on my hand and eati love them thaaaaank yooouuuuu everyone who answered appreciated. thanks icia
Last edited by icia on Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

they\'re so cute eating shrimps:)
i don\'t know about anything other than RES\'s so sorry i can\'t help..try to find pictures on the site for similar ones or post urs it\'ll be even better
rodeo144
Level 3
Level 3

Eastern painted turtle.

Hello

I know this seems strange but I have kept my two turtles for eight years now and still am unsure as to what they actually are - everyone seems to have an opinion. They look like the red eared sliders but without the red! The thing is we have always kept them in heated tanks - but recently moved and were told they could be kept outside so they are in a pond with our goldfish and koi - and have been very happy all summer - now winter is approching - someone told me we could hibernate them? So any answers to my questions really welcomed - thanks
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

there are sliders with no red dots so maybe they are of them..i don\'t know exactly cz i still can\'t tell the difference between water turtles they are very similar to me..

8 years are ok to hibernate but u need to read a lot about it cz it\'s not that easy (not just go to sleep)..
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I\'m glad somebody finally asked the question about hibernating your turtle, I had found this website a few days ago and didn\'t know whether or not to post it. It is from the Tortoise Trust Website:

http://www.tortoisetrust.org/articles/Refrigerator.htm

I hope it helps you out. Good luck
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

straykingfish u can post anything u want, like, and feel is important in this site especially if about turtles..what are we here for:)
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Thanks dixieee, I\'ll try my best to keep the posts relevant to the discussion.
  • Information