playing with turtle?

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Molly2004

I read that I should play with my RES. How do I do that? She likes the chase the guppies we give her to eat, but once she eats them all that sort of ends. Are there turtle \"toys\" we can get for her? Any ideas on how to play with her?
Annie3
Level 2
Level 2

Molly, I\'ll be curious what others say - but I have never \"played\" with my turtles.

I have some smallish (1\") solid green plastic balls (for aquariums) in the tank that we thought they might want to push around....(my daughter loves Franklin the turtle books), but I think the balls are just in the way. Hope others will comment; I\'ve always thought that overhandling - especially baby turtles - is bad for them.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i feel that my turtles like to play especially the female..i don\'t know what \"toys\" are there for turtles but i have a small turtle figure in the tank..the female got scared from it but the male likes it and never sleeps anywhere but on top of it..it\'s so sweet
i think they also like to walk around the room..i do it sometimes and i put books as a fence to keep them under control
markris17
Level 1
Level 1

yea, my baby RES (got 2 of them) like to run around too on the floor. and sometimes i put both of them in a big box and i put empty toilet paper rolls in the box and when one is already in there sleeping, the other turtle pushes him out. its so cute!
Last edited by markris17 on Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

You don\'t \"play\" with turtles like you do dogs and cats (too much handling even stresses them out). Having objects in the tank as as suggested is good; they\'re naturally curious and can spend a lot of time entertaining themselves if they have something to do (my turtle loves just pushing his rocks around).
rodeo144
Level 3
Level 3

I play with my turtle by letting him walk and run about on the floor.....i think that a brightly colored ball or something bright that floats would be ok.
prettylittlepixie2003
Level 2
Level 2

My turtle LOVES to play...I have a colorful duster that i clean w/ (from the dollar store) and i slowly move it from one side to the tank to the other..up and down the faster i move the faster he movies ....he will also chase my finger across his 55 gallon tank ...Ill take him out sometimes andlet him run around my living room floor, but hes real quick now so i dont do that much anymore...Believe it or not Godzilla LOVES it when my son plays on the table w/ his men that the tank is on ...he chases the figures around... :)
  • Information