putting outside?

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Mistix
Level 1
Level 1

I have a female RES that is getting very agressive, biting the feet of the other two smaller RES and being quite a pig. So, to avoid getting a second tank, I wondered if I could put her outside in my flower pond. Do they hibernate? Do I need to wait until summer when temps are warm again? She is about 3inches across, think that is too small to go outside?
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

i\'m not too sure but i think i read in another topic that they should not hibernate when they youger then 3 years...
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

Yaya is correct, and you shouldn\'t try to hibernate a turtle if you don\'t know what your doing (they need suitable conditions).

You have 3 turtles in what size tank? If the largest one is 3 inches across she must be about 4 inches long (shell length)? If so, she alone should have a 40-gallon tank or similar size-container. Get something like a 50-gallon Rubbermaid storage container and set her up for the winter; your turtles will be happier for it.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

ok that\'s the third female turtle getting aggressive..what\'s wrong with them? isn\'t there a way to stop that??
  • Information