feeding frenzy

Discussions about turtles.
Banany
Level 2
Level 2

i have two baby red eared sliders and sometimes they eat alot but then sometimes they only eat a bit. why is that? is it just thery\'re apetite on that day or somethings else? also im trying to introduce them new foods because all they have been eating is pellets. and they won\'t eat anything else.does anyone have any advice or what else i should try feeding them . thanks
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

whats ur feeding schedual?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

if they eat a lot one day maybe they are full the next day..since they are babies then u have to feed them meat(meat,fish,chicken..) and also keep green leaves in the tank so they might eat it if they are hungry..
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Mine are always hungry!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

yeah seems females are always hungry like mine..she\'s on a diet now since 2 days when i noticed she\'s getting chubby from the feet part (shell holes)
Banany
Level 2
Level 2

alright, thanks everybody
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

My boxies always get so fat before they hybernate! :) Then when they come out they look as if I\'d been starving them, and they then eat ten billion crickets! :)
Britny
Level 1
Level 1

I have one RES and he hasn\'t been eating much lately. On a regular basis I give him crickets, mealworms, and ReptoMin pellets. Then, occasionally I give him some other kind of meat for a treat. Usually he eats it all, but now I can\'t get him to eat the pellets at all. What\'s wrong? He sits in the corner all the time now too. Usually he\'s moving around lots. It\'s frustrating. I want him to be happy. Any suggestions?
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Veggis.....veggies.....veggies.....veggies.....VEGGIES!!
  • Information