Turtle stopped eating pellets

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
rattmf619

my 3 month old RES completely stopped eatign his pellets about a week and a half ago. i decided to give him meal worms to see if he would eat those and he did. now that\'s all he eats. i know they don\'t provide calcium or vitamin D so i went and bought some repcal to put on the worms. is it healthy for him to be on a diet of only worms? what else can i feed him that he might be interested in. Any way i can get him to start eating pellets again? worms get pretty expensive for a broke college kid.
thanks
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i think veggies will do fine but i don\'t know if it is enough for a 3 months old
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

they can go for a few weeks w/out eating, its called tough love.
moxie
Level 2
Level 2

I think it\'s fine to feed them worms. I think the stuff the worms are stored in have vitamins that the worms eat. How many worms are you feeding him at a time? They only need a few. they are pigs and will eat & eat & eat as much as you are willing to give them.
You can feed him boiled chicken, sardines, tuna, also try different pellets? Crickets are expensive. have you tried the freeze dried shrimp etc.? Basically they will eat anything. A young turt is mostly a carnivore at this point.

Good Luck!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

pigs lol
but btw seeing a turtle eating like a pig is much better than seeing one which never eats..psycologically!
  • Information