How many other pets do you have?

Discussion about all of your other pets here.
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Read my signature to see mine :).
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

1 dog, 3 frogs, 2 snails and my brother has a fish that my dad caught on lake michigan, and of course, a RES
Stoshie
Level 3
Level 3

Last edited by Stoshie on Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mailboxck
Level 1
Level 1

I have 9 goldfishes, a lobster and a female betta. And my new turtle!
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

I love your dog! He looks like mine!
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

I\'m not intrested in rottweilers. they\'re too aggressive.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i had 3 hamsters and 2 of them got me 6 more..but i got rid of them all cz it\'s the worst idea to have a hamster at home..they keep escaping and i had to mouse hunt them at least once every week!!
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

reptileman wrote:
I\'m not intrested in rottweilers. they\'re too aggressive.
that\'s just they reputation buddy!that\'s always they owner who make the difference!!!:)_
i\'m a proud owner of a red noze pitbull who so much like a baby that she need her blanket and her pillow to be able to sleep! and i\'m sure the rotweiller on that picture is the same kind of big baby... :)
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

I have two Dobbie/Rott mixes and they are very loving to my family and very close friends (pretty much people they know). My two year old sister, Ally, just the other day locked the dogs up in their pen and pretended she was a tiny puppy. She had them lay down and she crawled on them and slept with them and did little yippy-yap sounds. It was cute. But our dogs don\'t like strangers at all. They have a ficious bark and growl and Jessi (my sister\'s dog) has biten three people, two on the face when they tried to hug her, and once on our friend\'s finger. Holly dislikes being remined about what her dog did. My friends (the people who own the property where I board my horse) have two Rottwieler dogs, Samantha and Buddy. They are nice when you get to know them but you can;t run or jump around Bud, \'cause he\'ll bite you. Gotta go!
Stoshie
Level 3
Level 3

Any dog can be vicious. And any dog will bite if provoked or it feels threatened. Many people are misinformed about the temperment and the personality of the rottie. They are a person dog and do not do well without a constant companion. If not given lots of attention, yes they may become agressive. They do not normally do well left in the yard, tied up or crated for long periods of time. My dog was raised with love and proper training and yes, he is a big baby. If someone tried to hurt me, he would protect me. But he is also a good friend to me and my children and lets people who are invited into our home without any hesitation.
Last edited by Stoshie on Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stoshie
Level 3
Level 3

Oh yeah, my daughter was bitten by a Golden Retriever two weeks ago.
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

I don\'t think Rotts are vicious. The only breed of dog that I find has a vicious nature is, believe it or not, a Cocker Spaniel. I have been biten by a dog three times, once by a Pit Bull named Trouble (and he is!), and twice, by the same Cocker dog. Her name is Sandy. The first time I was bit I was like 7 years old. I was picking up a monoply game. I was at Sandy\'s level and I guess in her space and she bit me behind my left ear. There is still (6 years later) a large scar. The second time (about a year later) my friend\'s and I were playing in the garage. Then we got in the car. Jamie was in the driver\'s seat, Holly in the front passenger\'s, me in the right back and Sandy in the left back seat. Jamie wanted to put her seat down and like any oblivious nine year old didn\'t think about who was in the backc seat. Her chair came down on top of Sandy and in a flurry of rage she bit the closest person, yup, you guessed it, me. All the way down my right middle finger. Ripped open both sides. But we didn\'t tell anyone because Jamie\'s mom said the next time Sandy bit anyone (obviously she bit often) it was off to the pound for her. I liked her still, so we kepted it a secret for a while. Now Amy knows but she doesn\'t care. Poor Sandy has seciours often from over breeding. :( Trouble bit me out of aggression, he is on a chain and plain mean.
shortyonesarah
Level 2
Level 2

I have a Quaker Parrot named Kiwi. A green pac-man frog named Marvin, a huge Tiger Oscar Fish that lives with a big percosamis (i dont know how to spell it). He also lives with a little blue cichlid. I am soon going to get 2 new baby hatchling turtles.
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

What kind of turtles?
shortyonesarah
Level 2
Level 2

Oh yeah, I forgot I also have (well there at my moms house) I have a cat named Lola, a part dalmation (he looks like a long haired dalmation) named Yoshi and a Red Tick Hound named Deputy and a little black cat that we sorta adopted named Ace. and theres 6 kittens there too that lola had. I think I might get 2 RIO GRANDE baby turtles, or maybe just red ear sliders since there cheaper.. i dont know, the rio grade turtles are reall pretty..ive never seen one before except in pictures
shortyonesarah
Level 2
Level 2

This is What the RIO GRANDE turtle hatchlings look like..There expensive for one at http://www.turtlesale.com Image this picture was taken from that site too. i think there pretty water turtles. at turtlesale they are 89.95$ for one!
Last edited by shortyonesarah on Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

I betcha they could pass fer a red ear any old day, :)
shortyonesarah
Level 2
Level 2

I\'ve never seen a red ear in reall life either though.
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

WHAAAAAAAAT?! You\'ve never seen an RES?! That\'s just crazy. :)
shortyonesarah
Level 2
Level 2

well actually I think I may have, im not sure though cause I dont think they had red ears.. BUt me and my friend went to this pond and there were these tannish colored turtles that we just called camel backs.. but i dont know what kind they really were
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Probably not RES.
shortyonesarah
Level 2
Level 2

this is kinda what the turtles in the pond looked like that we called camel backs. So i guess they were map turtles.. but they\'re shells weren\'t as pointy on the edges or the top like pictures of these turtles from the site..but i guess thats what they are..i never thought to look them up back then, i was only like 14. Image
shortyonesarah
Level 2
Level 2

mississippi map turtles, thats what they were..they were shy turtles just like that website said.. my painter turtles were wild and crazyy..they always begged for food and were reall cool.
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Mappers are neato looking!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

this is the map turtle? it looks somehow like a RES but with no red marks..cool
but still RES\'s are my favorite:D
what do u think of the soft shells? personally i don\'t know how people can like them :s
shortyonesarah
Level 2
Level 2

a long time ago I found a baby softshell turtle..And I loved it so much.. it was the first turtle i had that i kept as a pet..it was a reall tame and nice one. i had it in a little gold fish like bowl with a stand and there was a rock inside it ..but that wasnt a good idea.(im alot smarter now when it comes to keeping animals, trust me) cause one day my brother went running through my room and the tank fell and the rock fell on him.. i was really sad.. i was only like 12 then.. i havent been able to really find another softshell with that great of a disposition. maybe i will someday if i ever want to get another one.. i think there reall pretty looking. if u get one when hes a hatchling & spend time with it he\'ll be reall friendly liek the one i had. they are so cool when they bury themselves in the sand and only stick there long neck out. they\'re neat..also dont put a rock or anything with them.(that was a stupid idea) i dont know what i was thinkin back then,
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

I did that (ages ago!) with my betta fish. I had a bunch of plain old rocks in his tank and he hid in them and ripped off ALL his tail! It took FOREVER to grow back! But he lived, for as long as those kinds of fish do. :) (he died)
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

that\'s sad..i like reading such \"stories\" with pets although i get depressed for the whole day..well sarah maybe i\'ll have to change my opinion about those soft shells..seems they\'re as nice as other turtles..lol but i was shocked at the begining,what is a rock doing with something soft? poor no-tail fish
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

I think those Softies are cool! I really like the long noses! I saw a few at PetSmart and they were very inquisitive! They swam around and made quite a spectical of themsevles. And, they\'re cheap! Only like $15-20! :) (I might get one...............)
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

yeah but when u hold them..
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Why? What\'s wrong with holding them?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

rn\'t they slimy?
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Frogs are slimy, and I still love \'um!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

if they\'re like frogs then that\'s ok:) i thought something like jelly..

hey what about raising a frog and then eating it? :p
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

I used to raise Bull Forgs and they got to be about a foot+ long! (the legs taste taste like chicken!)

If they were like Jelly, they would fall apart in your hands! lol :)
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

did u eat ur frogs??
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

No, but a resturant down the road did!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

urs? LOL
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

ok what about this: don\'t u think it\'s enough to keep a frog in a bottle of water? all they need is a high enough space to jump:p
  • Information