getting 3 baby res

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
newmom

I have purchased 3 res turtles and I want to know what supplies I need. I currently have then in a 5 gallon bow tank, but I know I need to purchase a bigger setup. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Did you buy them from a place like www.artsofnature.com or something? I was thinking about doing that but my mom said NO MORE PETS (read my signature and find out for yourself, lol) Basic rules: 10 gallons per inch of turtle (adding the turtles lengths together). RES eat water turtle sticks, cooked meat (more as babies but less as they grow older), fruits, veggies, things like that. They need a UV light to be healthy. Feed them as much as can fit in their head (not neck). Double the filter (10 gallon tank, use a filter for a twenty or thirty gallon tank, and so forth). Keep their water clean and fresh. Do not use clorinated or distilled water, regular tap water works. They need a basking place (rocks, or floating islands, or platforms, things you can buy at a petstore). Hope this is helpful! See ya!
  • Information