2 Questions about RES

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Jacen2141

1) One of my RES swims around full of energy all day...when he sees someone enter and thinks he may be getting food he swims even faster and follows you around the aquarium. The problem is that when you DO feed him, he rarely eats as if he doesn\'t even see the food. I will hold it in front of him to make sure he eats but I don\'t think I should have to do that. This is for food sticks, fruits and veggies. The food will inevitably sink and I have to dig it out b/c I\'m sure soggy food isn\'t that good to him. He\'s not blind, that I can tell, but it\'s just odd that he acts this way. Anyone ever had a similar problem or know a solution? One other thing: the RES will only eat Wardly food sticks and they sink no matter what! Is this normal? My other YBS tears up the Reptomin and they float...and the Eastern Painted that I had years ago...his food would always float. Is Wardley food known to sink? argh

2) I have two 20L tanks, one per turtle. Both turtles are probably 5.5-6 months in age. Both are approximately 4 inches in length. When do I need to think of getting another aquarium to fit their needs? and how big does the next one need to be? Money is an issue, but so is the turtle\'s health...so just let me know :)
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

First of all, the turtles should have a tank that is much bigger, 10 gallons for every inch, adding that together for two. Sometimes my turltes do that, I thought that they were just a little over excited. ???
  • Information