asian leaf turtle not eating

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
lyonkeeper

My male asian leaf turtle is not eating. He goes off feed for a couple months a year, but this time it\'s been 6 months. He has been dewormed and a trip to the vet showed nothing unusual. He is very active. I have the right water temp etc. I have tried live food, fish and all insects, pellets I can buy. He has only eaten one praying mantis and a piece of cheese this whole time! I have tried fruits, veggies and dog food, everything in the water. What do I do?
moxie
Level 2
Level 2

This might not help at all because the post just added ahead of yours is mine. I have sort of the same problem with my painted turtle. My Vet said that he might want to hibernate? Does your turtle need to hibernate? I was also told by my Vet to keep the water temp warmer then usual to try to trick him into thinking it\'s summer. So far my turtle isn\'t eating and sleeps all the time.

Well, maybe the above suggestions might help you.

Good Luck
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

When my box turtles went off their feed I put them in a tuperware container with A LOT of dirt in it so they could hybernante. But I don\'t know how to hybernante water turtles, sorry :(.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I hope that helps you out. Good luck.
Last edited by STRAYKINGFISHER on Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information