Feeding 7 month RES turtles

Discussions about turtles.
Alcaraz

Hello,
My daughter has two RES turtles that are 7 months old. We have been feeding them the pellets that the pet store gave us. I have read to much to know exactly how much to feed them and what on a daily basis. Can someone help me so we don\'t over or under feed them.
Thanks
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

The \'rule\' for baby/juvinile (or any age, I guess) RES is feed it as many pellets as can fit in it\'s head (not neck).
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

For food like pellets, up to a year feed once daily and after a year feed every other day. A varied diet is important, and plant matter becomes increasingly important as they age (they become more omnivorous). You can offer them veggies/aquatic plants daily (stay away from spinach, iceberg lettuce, cabbage and broccoli).
mailboxck
Level 1
Level 1

by head, do you mean by exact size as the head or just how much it could fit into its mouth?

Why does my lil turtle poops right after i feed him? Then he eats his poop right after coz it just came out 30 secs after i fed him
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Hold the turtle and set the pellets on it\'s head to see how many to feed him. (If it will hold still, lol)
  • Information