i baught a abused turtle... NEED HELP!?!?!?!

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
gotmilk_no1

I was ready to cry. I was in murtle beach and a there is a store right next to a bargan store and they had 57 turtles in a SMALL tank, NO FILTER, one rock, DURTY water, and the turtles had what is called soft-shel sickness. that is where the suplied above space is too small for the amount of turtles in the water and the shel startes to rot out and soften. Then the turtle gets tired and doesnt like to move, they can die that way.
So I asked if they were selling them andn they said a limit of 2 per person. So, i got 2.
The female\'s name is \"Lochie.\" It was named after the Loch Ness Monster in lake Augestus in Scottland. Lochie is perfectly healthy and doing great.
The males name is \"Keller.\" He is like 7-8 centameters long... I thought that something relating to Killer would be appropret. Anyway, he is sick. he got the \"Soft-Shels,\" and so far all i have done was lowered its water, raised the tempiture by makeing the heating lamp stronger, and gave it more area to dry out in.
im new at thins turtle thing and needs LOTS OF HELP AND TIPS,PLEASE HELP ME.

THNAK-YA,
Rebecca
Heather
Level 3
Level 3

gotmilk_no1 wrote:
I was ready to cry. I was in murtle beach and a there is a store right next to a bargan store and they had 57 turtles in a SMALL tank, NO FILTER, one rock, DURTY water, and the turtles had what is called soft-shel sickness. that is where the suplied above space is too small for the amount of turtles in the water and the shel startes to rot out and soften. Then the turtle gets tired and doesnt like to move, they can die that way.
So I asked if they were selling them andn they said a limit of 2 per person. So, i got 2.
The female\'s name is \"Lochie.\" It was named after the Loch Ness Monster in lake Augestus in Scottland. Lochie is perfectly healthy and doing great.
The males name is \"Keller.\" He is like 7-8 centameters long... I thought that something relating to Killer would be appropret. Anyway, he is sick. he got the \"Soft-Shels,\" and so far all i have done was lowered its water, raised the tempiture by makeing the heating lamp stronger, and gave it more area to dry out in.
im new at thins turtle thing and needs LOTS OF HELP AND TIPS,PLEASE HELP ME.

THNAK-YA,
Rebecca
gale

Soft shell may be due to a poor diet and a lack of natural sunlight, or it could be a fungus as well. You might want to get a fungus remedy sold for tropical fish which can be added to the water. I would definately add vitamins and a calcium source to the diet. And, it would probably help a lot if you could put the turtles outside during the day so they had access to unfiltered sunlight (but provide a shaded area as well), and if (if you don\'t already have one) add a Vitalite for the tank inside. I know the place of which you speak at Myrtle Beach and these people should get shell rot. Good luck with your little guys, I hope they get well.
hans

I have a question for you... If you see the deplorable conditions that these turtles are forced to endure, why don\'t you call your local humane society and try to get them involved in it. It\'s a horrible site to see, pet stores who don\'t take proper care of their animals.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

that\'s terrible sum one should call the prevention to animal cruelty on them !
  • Information