How can you tell if your dog is pregnant?

Because many of us love dogs too!
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Our two puppies, Joey, 5 months, and Star, 9 months, always play together. In the day time we have them out in a dog run together and at night they have seperate kennels. Star came into her first heat last month. She just started to not be swollen. But she is still abnormally large...........And now we can see her nipples. Does that mean Joey is going to be a daddy? My cousin, the one who owns Star, did not want her to have mutt pups. Star is a pure bred, blue blood Miniature Rat Terrier and Joey is part Chuihuahua and something else (who knows?). Heather is going to use Star as a brood dog. When he sometimes, you knowed, we all thought he didn\'t know what he was doing and that it was just a baby boy dog thing. But do you think he is even old enough to inpregnate her? If anyone has any info on this PLEASE tell me! So far Heather is not speaking to Holly (Joey\'s mom). (Your help might end this family feud) Thanks!
xVBBB Girlx
Level 3
Level 3

no hes not old enough to inpregnate her he has to be atleast 2 same for star she has to be atleast 2 to be able to keep the pupies there both not sexualy mature yet it should be nothing to worrie about shes prob just bloated but you could try running a search on the computer just to make sure
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Are you sure? My cousin did some research, and it said that when a female dog starts to show her nipples, gets a little bit swolen back there, and is starting to get a tummy that she is deffinetly going to be a mama. My mom (who\'s dogs have had puppies so she should know) said that she was pregnant. ??? Who knows? I guess it\'ll be just wait and see.

Thanks!
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

u should go to the vet if u not sure about...he should know!!!
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

I don\'t think Heather wants to spend money, and I don\'t think she\'s pregnant, either.
lil slidergrl
Level 1
Level 1

hey im not sure but she might be pregnant becasue my dog got like that and she just had puppies so just keep watch and if she is pregnant she will have them about 63 days from when you noticed good luck
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Check her nipples, if the breast under them is swollen, it probably means that her breasts are filling up with milk in anticipation of puppies, Don\'t quote me, it\'s just something to check. I had a pomeranian looking chihuahua (hairy) that had that situation, her breasts got full of milk before she had her puppies.
  • Information