I found this turtle before Hurricane Frances and well... i n

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
ZsGirl
Level 1
Level 1

My friends were walking around before the storm hit and one of my friends saw this turtle moving. Its a baby. He has very detailed light green and light yellow shell and a BRIGHT orange belly. I have a RES and its more detailed than that. His head is mainly black and yellow. I live in South Florida and if anyone can tell me what kind of turtle \"shrimp\" is i would appreciate it. thanks!
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Did you read about what happened to Carrie? She found a turtle almost like yours before a hurricane (she lives in Florida, too) but I don\'t remember which one. Anyway, she found this little baby turtle but it had a yellow belly, hence the name, Yellow Belly. She found out that it was a Florida mud turtle or something like that and it likes brine shrimp and a few other things. If you could post some pictures or E-mail some to me I might be able to tell you what your little turt is.
[email protected]
Hope your turt\'s okay!
ZsGirl
Level 1
Level 1

me and kimmy figured it out... we both believe Shrimp is a box turtle. hes sooooo cute hehe
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

I know! Shrimp is very, very cute. I love the newest picture you sent me! See ya!
  • Information