Baby Turtles Won\'t Eat

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Pumpkinpie12021
Level 1
Level 1

My family stumbled upon a nest of turtle eggs near a lake at our campground. We covered up the nest like it should have been, and about a week later and the nest had been dug up by something. There were only three remaining turtle eggs left out of the 9, all of which were cracked open slightly by the claws of what ate the others. They hatched about two days later and they did not have a sack like most do when they are hatched. Long story short, we have had them only three weeks and they won’t eat. We tried a lot of things but they just won’t. They have a red plastron with a design on it, almost painted on. Please help me to find what they eat. Or else they will die of starvation! PLEASE HELP!!!
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

You also could try posting your question on www.turtleforum.com There are a number of dedicated turtle people there and you probably would get an answer faster from them. Good luck.
Last edited by mariza on Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pumpkinpie12021
Level 1
Level 1

Ok. Well I am from PA, but they were found in New Jersey. Their shells are bright green, with really weird dark green designs in almost the shape of circles with rings. They have yellow stripes on their heads, and like I said before... They have an orange plastron with a design on it as well. They really are pretty turtles. Oh yeah, their shell is not very smooth, it is pretty rough with an almost ridge in yellow around the edges.
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

Try to identify them here: http://www.chelonia.org/bygeography.htm (Click on where N.J. is) and/or go to that site I gave you (if you could post a pic there it would be good). And find a rehabber.
Last edited by mariza on Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information