biteing turt

Discussions about turtles.
NCCowgirl11
Level 2
Level 2

Does any one know how to stop an RES for biteing you? It doesn\'t hurt when he bites me I was just wondering if I could make him less arrgesive towards me. He doesn\'t hurt my other RES. They get along great! Could it be that he feel cramped in his tank and need a biger one? Thank for your help.
Tanya
xVBBB Girlx
Level 3
Level 3

im not sure but my turtle/turtles bite to i have one named Jaws....bet u can guess were he got that mane well he doesnt bite me or my other turtles well i handle him a lot but whenever my friends or other family members get to close he snaps and tries to bite them a couple of dayz ago he bit me nab and took the skin off wasent that bad but the point is...is that he still did it...u could try holding and handling them more like get your family to hold him/her so he wont try to bite them cause he\'ll be used to all the people idk but hey u can try it
shai631
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Your turtle biting you is probably just a reflex b/c it thinks it needs to protect itself, either that or your finger might seem like food. Make sure your turtles are fed before handling them. The one time I got bitten (hard) by my turtle was when it was really young & I hadn\'t fed it at all that for a day.

Also, I agree w/Cowgirl\'s suggestion. If you\'re the one that feeds them, then they\'ll probably know you as the source of their nutrition. If you handle them more often, then they\'ll stop biting you.

Shai :D
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

My RES bit me sideways today and it really HURT!!! :(
  • Information