swollen eyes

Discussions about turtles.
machen423
Level 2
Level 2

i am worried that my turtles eyes are swollen but i think i might just be worried about them for no reason....i was wondering if anyone else has had problems with their turtles eyes and if so is it really obvious or kind of hard to tell i will probably end up taking them to a herp vet soon just for a check up but i was wondering if anyone else had this problem?
Mell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I had the same problem with my turtle
His light blew out and he wasn\'t getting proper uva/b rays which eventually led to a vitamin A deficency. Both eyes swelled shut and were red. I replaced the uva/b light and I got drops from the pet store that did an amazing job !!! They are made by \"ZooMed\" and are called \"repti-Turtle eye drops\" cost about $5/6. I thought for sure he was going to be blind but the drops did the trick in about 10 days. Keep the tank warm about 82-85F

My post is currently on page 2 of general discussion \"Could my turtle go blind?\" If you want to check it out
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

It\'s unclear from what you wrote that your turtles are having eye problems. Why do you think that they do?
Last edited by mariza on Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information