is it enough??

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i read a lot about filters and lights to be put in the tank..well i use filtered water( the one we drink from) to fill it and i put my turtles in the sun everyday( i live in a sunny area).do i still need those stuff or is it ok??
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

4got to add something..i bought the special food from the shop but am not planning to depend completely on it.( my turtles are still very young and i want to feed them healthy food)..i gave them lettuce and they liked it..i still wanna add meat (heard they eat fish and chicken)..should it be cooked like grilled chicken or only raw meat??
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

if you feed meat, i\'d boil it. you need a filter and basking spot and uvb light. read the care sheets at the top of this page
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

RES are more carnivorous when young, but grow more omnivourous as they age. Give high-protein foods like boiled white chicken only occasionally as treats. Not sure what kind of \"meat\" you\'re thinking of, but never feed raw chicken (chance of salmonella). A reputable turtle pellet should be a staple in the diet. Romaine and red-leaf lettuce is Ok, but stay away from iceberg.
Last edited by mariza on Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

thanx for the advice..but i posted a question in the general discussion if u can check it..thanx alot:)
sorry i know i ask a lot but am really worried about them:(
  • Information