My one RES doesn\'t seem to be growing!

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
LittleMissEss

I purchased 2 RES in May from a store in China Town NY...Both turtles were the same size although I\'m not sure if they were the same age...Lucy, my bigger turtle has seem to hit a growth spurt and is now around 2 1/2 inches, eating everything and a lot of it...but Ricky is still at 1 1/2 inches, and hasn\'t seemed to grow much since May...Ricky eats, but mostly what seems to fall to the floor...Should I be concerned with the difference in size, or might Ricky just be slower to develope? Thanks...
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

well am still new and don\'t know much about turtles but i think females grow faster cz my female turtle kadra is a bit larger than the male leo
gaijinbecky

I am curious about this too. I too have two turtes. When we got them we were told that they were 3-4 months old. That was in March and one of our turtles, Donny, hasnt grown more than 1/4 or an inch, and is about 1 1/2 inches, while Sano has grown huge and is now about 4 inches!!!! Is this because of their sexs or is there something wrong with them???? Should Donny be growing more or has Sano grown abnormally? Or is this natural???
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

The female will probably grow faster than the male.

I have two 1 1/2 in. and 2 in. RES. I have had them for a year but they heven\'t grown. I\'m not worried. You shouldn\'t be worried. Probably a turtle thing.
  • Information