Yellow Belly Update

Discussions about turtles.
carrie13
Level 2
Level 2

To Everyone who invested their time in the mistery of Yellow Belly, I just wanted to update you on her progress.

I went today and bought her a 20 gallon long tank, a clip lamp for heat, and another clip lamp for her uvb,(didn\'t know there was a differce until I came here)2 therm., one for the water temp. and one for the \"basking\" area. I also bought more rocks so she has a shallow end and a deeper end. No more than 4 inches. I also got her Dr. Turtle Calcium, as well as some pellet food, since she tried it for the first time last night! I had to be sneaky and throw it in with her brime shrimp! She seems to be enjoying her new mansion. (Remember she was only in a 5 1/1 gallon tank before.) Now that I know what she is I have spent many hours studing the care of her. I only hope I\'ll be a good mommy to her and she is happy. she seems to be, but is still a little shy. She doesn\'t like new people looking at her!

A Great big THANK YOU to all those who helped!

Carrie
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

That\'s really cool, Carrie! I bet Yellow Belly is very happy. Hey, are you going to get her a friend :)???????? lol I\'m glad everything has worked out for you guys:). ::(

-Kim
rodeo144
Level 3
Level 3

YAY yellow bellie has a very good setup there but when she gets to be around 2 inches i suggest getting the water level higher and getting a turtle dock. ill give you a couple websites to look from.

www.turtlesale.com
www.artsofnature.com

there is some pretty good stuf there.
also when you upgrade her tank goto www.glasscages.com
they got everything for cheap there!

good luck with yellowbellie!

Andrew,
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, I\'m on, it\'s about 2:18 where I am.

-Kim
carrie13
Level 2
Level 2

Hey thanks you guys for repling! I do have a turtle ramp for her(floatable w/suction cups) Is that the same thing?

I went to Wal-mart today an bought her a lot of silk and plastic plants, some cane w/ floating lily pads, a cave for underwater, and a small blueish flower pot for more hiding places. although she really loves her cave the most! She wont leave it! Cracks me up. I also placed some pink-n-teal paper behind her tank. It is def. a \"girly\" tank, prob. spent money I shouldn\'t have, but I felt bad for all her moving she\'s had to do.

Talk to ya\'ll later!
Carrie
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

I sent you some pics of me w/ my turts. Did you get them?

-Kim
  • Information