Mud/Musk Turtle Set Up?

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
carrie13
Level 2
Level 2

Hello again- I\'m sure some of you \"know\" me by my craziness tryin to figure out what Yellow Belly was. Well I found out that she is a mud/musk turtle. They hardly bask, do do I need a UVB light as well as a heat lamp? If so how to I have the heat lamp clamped to the tank with a lid? My I feel stupid! Any advice?

Thanxs,
Carrie
rodeo144
Level 3
Level 3

i got a clip on light form target and put a 6dollar 75 watt uvb bulb in it and i use another lamp from target to heat it but get an undertank heater if it gets cold. You wont need a cover for hte tank just make sure that the water is 3/4 the way up and she cant get out casue the turts are escape artists. get wardley turtle sticks and get water conditioner for fish cause its cheaper and is hte same. and a suction ramp is GREAT trust me.gravel msut be bigger than turtles head if u want to decorate and wash all of hte things before putting htem in.

Good luck
  • Information