Little help with my 2 year old RES eating habits!

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
sai_dee
Level 1
Level 1

Ok this happened about a 2 weeks ago. I became responsible for this turtle for my nephew because he had to go on a vacay with his family. I looked up some different foods for it and saw that they ate a huge variety of foods! I decided to buy guppies, rosie reds, and crayfish. He ate the guppies and rosie reds, he couldn\'t devour the crayfish since it was hard as rock. So anyway, my nephew\'s turtle...he named him ninja turtle so lets call him that. Ninja turtle stopped eating the Reptomin he once loved so much and started to only eat guppies and others. I\'ve tried peas, carrots, strawberries, bananas, and he didn\'t like any of them. Today I bought him Reptotreat and crickets and he liked those. He also eats his waste! I don\'t know why! Are there any other dry foods he can eat? Like catfood or whatnot? My nephew is coming home Thursday so I need to find a replacement for the Reptomin that he doesn\'t eat. If he dies, it\'ll be my fault!
Mell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have a 12 year++++ painted. He refuses to eat dry pellets or veggies. He does love Tubifex worms, they\'re freeze dried and compressd like little sugar cubes. I break them up into 5/6 pieces easier to eat. Freeze dried meal worms, I break those in half. F-Dried shrimp and fish food flakes.
The tubifex and shrimp are made by Wardley. the mealworms by Fluker\'s. Mine won\'t eat, but your\'s might: freeze dried plankton or blood worms. Good luck
  • Information