Stinky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussions about turtles.
baby_turtle76
Level 2
Level 2

Ok I will try and explain quickly. I did a 50% water change yesterday afternoon and I came home from work this morning(I work graveyard) and OMG my house smells sooooo bad it has never done this what can I do?? I need to know asap, I really can\'t handle the smell!!! any suggestions??
Luna
Level 1
Level 1

i had the same problem (read topic smell)! Do you have carbon in your filter? Well i can tell you it makes miracles!!!! And don\'t feed the turtle in the tak, feed it outside but still in the water!!
baby_turtle76
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks Luna. How soon did you notice a difference in the smell!? Lord it is nasty!
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Hey, you know you don\'t have to swear to make a point Baby_turtle76!

-Kim
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

baby_turtle76 wrote:
Ok I will try and explain quickly. I did a 50% water change yesterday afternoon and I came home from work this morning(I work graveyard) and \"OMG\" my house smells sooooo bad it has never done this what can I do?? I need to know asap, I really can\'t handle the smell!!! any suggestions??
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

baby_turtle76 wrote:
Thanks Luna. How soon did you notice a difference in the smell!? \"Lord\" it is nasty!
baby_turtle76
Level 2
Level 2

Trailrider.........so sorry for \"swearing\" to make my point, didn\'t really think anyone would be offended since the OMG is a prevelant term on message boards and I have certainly seen worse here! Once again I am sorry!
Luna
Level 1
Level 1

Ok what\'s the problemm here, she just wanted an advice.
Ok i noticed the difference a few hours after i have instelled the carbon in to the filter. And feeding it outside helps for sure!!!!
baby_turtle76
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks Luna...........got the carbon and the smell is much better but I guess the water is cycling? because it is real cloudy.
Luna
Level 1
Level 1

Try to clean the tank and everything first and then put the filter with carbon in again! I think then the water will stay cleaner for longer time!
I even think that is interesting that we take care of res and clean them. I really enjoy in that! Don\'t you? I even think it would be boring if we wouldn\'t have anything to wory about anymore!
baby_turtle76
Level 2
Level 2

so i should reclean the rocks, ramp and do a complete water change, right?
baby_turtle76
Level 2
Level 2

yeah, it is pretty interesting how we take care of our \"babies\". I would really miss them if they were not here, I lost a female last year and you would have thought a member of my immediate family passed away, it was terrible. They are awesome creatures!!
Luna
Level 1
Level 1

yes just clean all what\'s in the tank!
I can\'t imagine the life without turtls too. I just adore them...all kinds of them...
do you have a photo of your tank and tutrles?
baby_turtle76
Level 2
Level 2

I do but I just moved and have not located the scanner yet!! Maybe I can figure something else out!!
Luna
Level 1
Level 1

Well i would really like to see them!
Where are you from anyway?
baby_turtle76
Level 2
Level 2

I am from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Thanks for all the advice after the last complete clean out I did the water is super clear, I used to use carbon when they were smaller never crossed my mind that it would help th e smell that much. Where are you from Luna?
Luna
Level 1
Level 1

Well i\'m glad you have got rid of the problem. I\'m from Europe - Slovenia! Nice to meet you baby_turtle!
  • Information