Not Eating

Discussions about turtles.
CODY S
Level 2
Level 2

My Res is not eating he shows interest in the food but when he tries to eat is he can\'t bite through it he. we\'ve tried a lot of different food. but it seems his jaws are are very weak. he seems to be getting weaker and I think he is getting skinnier.
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

What kinds of food have you been giving him?
(lettace, pellets, etc.)

You know, the less he eats, the weaker he will get. You should try to get as much nutrients into him as possible.

-Kim
CODY S
Level 2
Level 2

well he\'s starting to eat more. we,ve tried frozen meal worms,live meal worms which he is starting to eat. We have plants that he can eat,lettuce and pellets.
He seems to be getting a lot better. Thanks
Mell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a floating feeder to hold the food in one part of the tank so the current of the filter doesn\'t move it around faster than my turtle can find it. It is actually part of a plastic coat hanger(not wire) held on with suction cups. I got the idea from ones I saw for fish but they were too small. I have also fed him in a small 5 gallon tank ( just for feeding/always supervised) So he doesn\'t have to swim as far to find the food and get tired out before he is full. Is your tank warm enough? They stop eating when they get cold ! Generally people say 80-85F. Good luck
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Your Welcome!!!

-kim
CODY S
Level 2
Level 2

Well I don,t have a heater. He has been basking alot but my other turtle is a pig (as usual) but i would\'nt say it was cold.
CODY S
Level 2
Level 2

Well I don,t have a heater. He has been basking alot but my other turtle is a pig (as usual) but i would\'nt say it was cold.
  • Information