tank for two

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
rodeo144
Level 3
Level 3

ok guys its time for me to get a turtle. im actually gettin two which i know wont get along at all. my friend accidentally ordered a snapper baby at a pet shop and gave it to me knowing that i love turtles and couldnt say no. but also im gettin a baby red ear slider from artsofnature for m science class. i plan on keeping both in the smae tank for awhile and give the baby snapper away what should i get for size tank, filter, etc.....etc. im keeping the RES for good but the snapper will be given to a trusting friend. guys i need to know tanks size and what to do if htey start hating and killign eachother.

P.S. price is a matter and i want only to spend 100$ for everything
its a slim budget but im sure you cna understand.
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

for most aquatic turtles it is 10 gallons of water per inch of shell (length) you might get a big tank and use something to seperate the two turtles if they start killing eachother. make sure they have a uvb light, basking spoti and basking light.
rodeo144
Level 3
Level 3

so to start the turtles off i should just get like a 30long and i will upgrade later.
i also need a filter tip two turtles and ones of htem is the worst smellign turtle you can buy (the snapper)
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

big big big. thats all i can say. you could get something that would be good for youe upgrade later and keep them happy now. power filters are pretty cheap if you dont mind the splashing. you might want to spend a few more dolares and buy a camister.
rodeo144
Level 3
Level 3

No more need i seperated them my baby snapper is in a 10g and my RES is in my classes 400 gallon custom made one! I had no idea tnaks could be that big its liek 10 feet long and 4 feet high
  • Information