Filters

Discussions about turtles.
ShelldonandSquirt
Level 2
Level 2

I just bought a aquaclear 20 for my 20 gallon takn, and I have a fluval plus 1 in there as well, you would think that would be enough for the size of tank I have, but it doesn\'t seem to be working as well as I hoped. Is there a better all around filter out there that will keep my takn clean for more than five days?
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

what are the filters rated for?(tank size)
ShelldonandSquirt
Level 2
Level 2

the one is for a 20 gallon, and the small fluval is for a ten, so it\'s actually sappose to be more then what it should need. I was just wondering if there isn\'t something better, I\'m going to stick with the ones we have now, but when I get a 40 gallon or maybe a 50 I would like to get the best possible filter.
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

turtles are messy. most owners have them rated for 2-3 times their tank. but frankly, the more the better. if you could get a 50 gallon tank and a filter that should be doing a 250g tank your turts would love you. but people wont do that, on my 55 gallon tank with 2 larg-er turtles, i run a rena filstar xp3 canister, and it works pretty good. on the larger tanks its better to run a canister. there more expensive but its your choice check out this site for some filter ideas
http://aquahobby.com/e_products.php
  • Information