food again

Discussions about turtles.
ehb90
Level 2
Level 2

Well, I just wanted to thank the people who have already given me advice on food. I have been doing a lot of research and it says that RES are carnivores when they are young, herbivores when they get older. I have a baby and I give him pellets and slidersroc told me i could give him guppies. Are small pieces of chicken or canned tuna a good alternative to this (i kinda dont wanna use guppies if i dont have to).... just give me your suggestions.. thanks!
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

i have never used these but others have. if you use chicken be sure to cook it for all the same reasons we cook it before we eat it. they shouldnt be eating only chicken though.
ehb90
Level 2
Level 2

well what else besides chicken and what amounts?
scuttle
Level 1
Level 1

i feed my turtles chicken, some pork, shrimp every now and then, bananas, grapes, and pellets as in between treats. i squeeze out any yucky oils or juices that can make their water dirty. i rip up the food in easy to eat pieces and feed them only enough to fit inside their head. there are lists of other res friendly foods on this site or if you search around the internet. best wishes!
  • Information