HELP with BABY RED EAR SLIDERS!!!

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
twiggy521

I just bought 2 baby red ear sliders from china town (i think i can give them a better life) . Ok, So i bought them 2 days ago. I put them in warm filtered water with this additive for turtles to take the chlorine out of it by ZOOMED, and I got a floating rock with a heat lamp above it. They do not go on it. They also do not eat. I gave them ZOOMED turtle pellets, they didnt even go near them. I gave them cut up worms (called can of worms by ZOOMED) and they wont go near them. I do not want to die. DOES anyone know what I can do to make them eat? Please email me at [email protected] or aol i-m me at Helnut420 . I do have pictures of them if someone can tell me how old they are or if anyone would like to see them. VERY CUTE!
thank you.
Helena
Stoshie
Level 3
Level 3

If you just got them recently, it may take a while. My babies did not eat for about a week. I did not see one of my turtles bask for months. It may take some time to adjust. Just make sure that you have the right set up (temperatures) and maybe try to adjust the basking area for easier access if they still don\'t get up there. I was able to get my turtles more comfortable by putting a towel over the front of the tank so they could not see me in the room. Good luck!
twiggy521

thanks for the help!!!! The tempature in the tank is around 86, i have a light in there that is heating up the whole tank. i dont have a water heater, but the water level is only about 3 inches high so i think its heating up the water alittle bit.
Stoshie
Level 3
Level 3

Do some research. There is a lot of info on the web for turtle care. I would also recommend getting a thermometer for the tank to monitor the water temp. You can get one for a few dollars at a pet or aquarium store. You will also need a uvb light for them. You can also purchase them for about $20 or $30 at the pet store.
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

how hot is the basking spot? if the light is heating up the water that much i\'d think the spot would be better. the water is a little on the hot side so cool it down somehow to like 80 above that is for sick turtles. test how hot your basking rock is. it should be about7-9 degreese f. warmer than the water.
  • Information