Reproductive organ?

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
cat59

I think may daughter\'s Red Eared Slider may have tried mating with my husband tonight.He said that Herman was acting very strange...swimming crazily all over his tank...when my husband placed his finger on the side of the tank Herman came right over to where the finger was and started waving his front legs/hands...he appeared to be trembling and shaking.. and it looked as if he was trying to wrap his arms around the finger...and then this black ,flat looking thing kept slipping in and out by his tail.Was this his penis?My daughter had gotten Herman from a friend last July and he was not much bigger than the size of a fifty cent piece (if even that).Herman now is the size of the palm of my hand.I have never had a turtle before so having a turtle is a totally new experience for me.My husband is the one who mainly feeds Herman and as soon as Herman sees my husband he will swim over close to him and beg for food.We have Herman in the living room next to the couch so Herman sees alot of my husband.
Bandgeek2709
Level 3
Level 3

It probably was. I f your turtle expels his organs again on land, then you need to put him in warm water to keep his organs moist. I\'l see if I can find the website I read this on.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

LOL i wonder what was he thinking of..bandgeek2709 i would like to know more about it plz..:)
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

This kind of thing happens quite often. Most time it has nothing to do with being sexually aroused. If it stays moist it will go back in. The only time when you should worry is if it stays out for an extending period of time.
Willie
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

oh so it\'s the same as the prolapse thing?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

got it thanx:) i didn\'t know it had to do with certain needs..i thought it\'s actually a disease or something
  • Information