filter queston

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
cloversmom
Level 2
Level 2

i\'m getting ready to buy a 65g tank. what kind of filter would i need and how much would it cost??
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

for my 55gallon i have a rena filstar xp3 canister filter, and it works pretty good. it cost me about 115 dolares off ebay with shipping. to get filter ideas go to http://aquahobby.com/e_products.php
it doesnt have tank ratings, though. if your water level isnt very high i wouldnt suggest getting a power filter, b/c they will be extreamly loud. with a tank your size try a canister
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

I have an XP3 as well and like it. You can get it for $99 plus shipping at www.bigalsonline.com (the last time I looked). You may have to buy the biomedia separately, it would be good to check.
Bbasso
Level 3
Level 3

I\'m using the Fluval 404 for my 55gal, I have to change the media once every two months and the water every month.(this is with 3 turtles) I picked it up from thatpetplace.com for nearly $90 less then every store in driving disatnce. it came out to $110.
  • Information