Sick?

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
xVBBB Girlx
Level 3
Level 3

we have this turtle i htink hes a RES (red eared slider) well anyways he lives at the park mear my house and my brother is determined to ceatch it....if i bring it home and put it with my other turtles will it get them sick? or try to attack them hes pretty much the same size as my biggest maybe a little smaller like 6+ well i have the room but is it smart to bring him home? ???
deesygirl

First of all, why would you want to capture a wild turtle? In many states this is illegal.If the turtle is healthy and not injured I would leave it alone.

As to the answer to your question, any time you get another turtle the new turtle has to be quarantined for 90 days. A new turtle can bring illness, infections and disease to your established tank.
xVBBB Girlx
Level 3
Level 3

the reason i want to capture it is cause there is a swimminf area over by were the turtles live and thet are trying to find homes for the turtles so they dont brother the swimmers but if they dont there either gonna send them off to with one so called park or the zoo were allowed to catch them i asked the park owner today.....and thanks maybe i dont want it i\'de rather get one that was bread in captivity just to be sure
baby_turtle76
Level 2
Level 2

Just my opinion but if the swimmers are bothered by the turtles the swimmers should swim elsewhere, pretty sure the turtles were there first, and I agree with deesy you should leave a wild turtle in the wild>
xVBBB Girlx
Level 3
Level 3

i know thats what i am doing but they want to get rid of them cause the swimmers have a roped in area were they can swim and the turtles go into the roped in areas thats the only place were the swimmers can swim the rest is for the turtles but the hole fact is they want to get rid of the turtles or there gonna put them in to zoo or this small pond if u can even call it that.......its not that i wanna take the turtles home its that i dont want to see them go
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

Where are you located?
  • Information