Adopt New Turtles? or Not?

Discussions about turtles.
ssduck

I have had one RES (Bay) for about a year and a half now. She is about 4 in., and an aggressive eater who enjoys many different types of food (crickets, brine shrimp, pellets, etc.) and a 20 gal. tank all to herself!
One of my friends wants to get rid of 6 RES turtles. They vary in size from 4-6in. Three of them are deffinately male. They are aggressive and bite each other\'s tails until they bleed :( If I take them from my friend I will purchase a much larger tank first. But I\'m worried about my lil\' one. Any suggestions for the introduction process?

Also, I noticed that these turtles are much more colorful than mine. I believe my turtle\'s shell is healthy, just a bit mis-colored (much darker). Is there anything I can do about that?
Kimmy
Level 2
Level 2

Personally, I wouldn\'t put Bay in with the new turtles. And, some of my turtles have more vivid colors than the others. Take Rosie-Cheeks for example, she is darker and you can see the light green lines on the top of her head better than you can on Jo-Jo and Mrs. Potts. I think turtles are all slightly different. I don\'t think it is sick.
Hope this helps!!!
  • Information