food amount

Discussions about turtles.
eallen
Level 2
Level 2

Hi! I\'m still pretty doubtful if I \'m feeding my tutles enough, aside from every day dry food, I feed them three medium crickets each once a week. THey are an inch and half, I dont\' know how old they are, but I\'m assuming they are still babies... Is that too much meat for them... Maybe I could reduce the amount of crckets... Any input would be helful. THanks
cloversmom
Level 2
Level 2

i think you should not feed them as much crickets and give them some veggies and fruits, but give them crickets once in a while :)
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

You should have a good pellet as the staple like Reptomin Baby to provide nutritional balance. Feed as much as would fit into the head for each daily up to a year. Food like crickets, mealworms, etc. should be given occasionally as a treat.
eallen
Level 2
Level 2

K, Maybe I didnt\' phrase my question properly :) sorry... I feed them reptomin baby pellets everyday and romanine lettuce and sometimes grapes apples, etc... But the pet store said I should feed them three crickets each once a week on top of that diet... I wanted to know if the pet store was wrong, and if I was feeding them too much meat?

The one thing that is really frustrating is that all the websites I visit I see the word \"occasionally\"? But what does occasionally mean in days, weeks? Does it mean once a week, twice a week, once or twice a month? THat\'s a really hard guess, and \"occasionally\" for baby turtles is different than \"occasionly\" with adult turtles, can someone help me here... I am clueless and frustrated:)... Give me days weeks, things I can count, that would really be very helpful! Thank you for the help :)
turtledudeusa
Level 2
Level 2

Hey,
I have a question, its actually quite stupid. I know with humans, foods like fruits and veggies don\'t effect weight gain, and can be eated often. Is this true with turtles? I feed mine about a leaf of romaine a day, and they love it. Is this too much?
eallen
Level 2
Level 2

Hi! From what I understand I really dont\' think it is. I\'ve read a lot about it,and it can given daily and I dont\' think it\'s fatening, but I may be wrong. THe reason I assume is also because we leave aquatic plants that they can eat in the tank all day which is similar to romaine lettuce and I havne\'t read anywhere that it could be harmful in any way... but do you have any idea about the crickets :)
  • Information