moving...

Discussions about turtles.
eallen
Level 2
Level 2

Hi! I\'m moving on Sunday, about 10 minutes away, but between getting all my stuff moved, cleaning the apartment and being able to find something to put my tanks on in my new apartment, I have no idea what would be the safest way to move my RES and yellow belly, without stressing them out too much!!! I was thinking that maybe I could just leave an inch or two of water in the tank and cover it(but I have rocks at the bottom unless I take those out), and would probably be all right for a couple hours, and should I feed them before or after the move, since I know trauma and stress can affect their eating habits? Thank you all so much for all your input, everyone has been so helpful since I found this site, and I think it\'s great!
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

iv never moved before but you might want to put your turtles in a large cooler w/ like 2 inches of water and a dry spot in there also? just a thought so you can keep the water warmer longer. (coolers are better insulated than glass tanks.)
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

I would move the tank last. You can put towels in a box and put them in it. I do that when I clean the tank. Mine likes to hide under the towel and it feels safer there. They will be fine for that short of a time. It sometimes takes me a couple hours to clean my tank so they will be fine without water, and the towels might make them feel better. Put one on the bottom of the box and then place them in there, then put a towel over them. They should be fine.
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

oh i didnt read your post carefuly enough. i thought this was a huge move, not just 10 minutes sorry.
eallen
Level 2
Level 2

THanks for the ideas! I think I will try a box with towels, sounds like the least messy way:)
  • Information