baby turtle

Discussions about turtles.
Smashin
Level 2
Level 2

Where can u buy those small quarter sized RES legaly anyway????
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

china? not in the u.s.
Smashin
Level 2
Level 2

[quote]slidersroc wrote:
china? not in the u.s.

Where did everyone get theres???
turtledudeusa
Level 2
Level 2

If you care about animals at all, DONT BUY A BABY TURTLE. By doing that, you are supporting people who purposly breed turtles for money! If you want a turtle, I suggest finding a well established turtle shelter where you can adopt one. Please don\'t support the over population of the RES!
Smashin
Level 2
Level 2

turtledudeusa wrote:
If you care about animals at all, DONT BUY A BABY TURTLE. By doing that, you are supporting people who purposly breed turtles for money! If you want a turtle, I suggest finding a well established turtle shelter where you can adopt one. Please don\'t support the over population of the RES!
Sorry I did not know
turtledudeusa
Level 2
Level 2

Sorry, I didn\'t mean to lash out at you. It really upsets me when people sell baby turtles. Most of the time they are sold to uneducated owners, and they end up dying.
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

its not illegal to buy the baby turtles but it is illegal to sell them, so you cant get in trouble for buying them but dont try selling them
turtledudeusa
Level 2
Level 2

That may be true, but just because it isn\'t ILLEGAL to buy them doesn\'t mean its OK. Most of the turtles bought in this way are going to end up dying, becuase most of the people who buy them don\'t take the time to become responsible turtle owners. They go along with what the vender said, which is usually false. It may be legal to buy them, but it is still WRONG. A person who knows that it is illegal to sell RES hatchlings shouldn\'t support the venders, who breed the turtles to make money. I too have purchased a RES hatchling. At the time, I was an uneducated owner, and had NO IDEA it was illegal to sell them, but I took the time to educate myself about them. I feel bad for supporting such an evil, savage trade, but I wouldn\'t give up my turtles for anything. They are way to important to me.

In closing, these people need to be STOPPED. The venders are aiding in the killing of helpless animals. These laws need to be enforced!
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

i toattly agree, if you want a turtle whats the problem w/ getting a legal one? their only a couple inches bigger but just as nice if not even nicer b/c of the support of the baby killers (aka, turtle venders.)
Smashin
Level 2
Level 2

Im gonna adopt one because I dont trust the pet store. They dont even have the proper lighting.
turtledudeusa
Level 2
Level 2

slidersroc wrote:
i toattly agree, if you want a turtle whats the problem w/ getting a legal one? their only a couple inches bigger but just as nice if not even nicer b/c of the support of the baby killers (aka, turtle venders.)
Thats true. Also, when they are bigger, you have a better chance of them being healthy. Many times, when there are so many hatchlings, such as with the turtle killers, they aren\'t properly cared for and can often be ill.
turtledudeusa
Level 2
Level 2

smashin wrote:
Im gonna adopt one because I dont trust the pet store. They dont even have the proper lighting.
GOOD IDEA! :) :)
Kimmy
Level 2
Level 2

You can adopt quarter sized RES from www.artsofnature.com, hope this helps!
-Kimmy
  • Information