worried about germs

Discussions about turtles.
scuttle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I have had my two turtles for about two weeks and i\'ve been feeding them daily. i have been quite concerned about any germs in the water. where should i dispose of the water that has been in their feeding tank? is it necessary to always feed them in a separate tank or does moving them from tank to tank cause stress? also, how often do turtles sleep? mine always wake up and get excited when i turn on the light at night. i just want the best for my turtles and i don\'t want them to get sick! thank you!
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

i dont feed my turtles in a seperate tank (even though i should) b/c they never eat unless there in their own tank.
i think its fine if you pour the water by a tree or even drown the drain. if you rinse it out
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

If you have a good filter and the proper setup you should be fine, unless one of them gets sick. Then you should seperate them and clean out the tank about every other day. Mine also wakes when I turn on the light. That is why it is good to have them in an area that they wont be disturbed too much when they are sleeping. I try not to turn on the light after they have been off and he begins to sleep so as not to disturb his sleep.
  • Information