Setup for a Box Turtle

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
Sparkels580
Level 1
Level 1

I plan on getting a box turtle this weekend, I\'m going to the Westchester reptile expo. And I have been looking around and I know I cant use a tank but the only other thing I see is this mesh like cage, I think it might work but I\'m not sure. I cant house this turtle ouside cause I\'m at collge though I fully intend on taking him outside everyday, I know he needs the outdoors. so does anyone have any thoughts on housing?
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

(Info for future reference: www.anapsid.org/boxhouse.html )
Last edited by mariza on Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tucker Turtle

I have 2 box turtles. Ezekiel(which I later found out is a girl) and Elijah. I\'ve had them in a 60 gal aquarium for about 12 years and they are both very active and healthy. I have a log(which my male likes to hide in) a big water dish which they stay in some-
times for a day and even sleep in, a heat lamp and I use wood chips from the pet store which I find is easy to change out and put in fresh. I still take them outdoors for natural sun and a good stretch. It\'s very important to keep their environment clean-their sense of smell is really good.
  • Information