pic

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
Turtle_freek...NJ
Level 1
Level 1

if anyone has any turtle tank pictures or any funny stories and/or turtle pics i would love to see them.....oh and never put your turtle in the sock drawer.....or let your lil sis and brother play with them ALONE...not a good thing :)
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

i liked this pic (offline)
a good story is once i was cleaning my tank and had put my turtle on top of my \"toy box\" i use for a step for getting into bed, and put it in a styraphoam box, i left to get a cloth and when i cane back my turtle was gone!!! i looked around my room frantically and finally found it under my snowboard in my corner, some how it had climed the 11/2 foot tall styraphoam box, fell onto the wooden box, fell 2 feet to the floor and still good enough to climb over my reading pillow and hide in the least expected spot!!! she\'s fine
echo444
Level 2
Level 2

Not long after I got my RES, Crush, I took it out of the aquarium so that I could clean it and add more water. Well...I sat the turtle in the middle of the room (thinking it would take a long time to go any direction, and thinking about how it always just sat there for a while when I put it on the floor). I went to the kitchen to fill a jug with water, and when I walked back into the room, IT WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!!! That little booger must have taken off as soon as I left the room! I started freaking out because it was just a baby. I had my brother come in the room and help me look. We looked under EVERYTHING and finally found it under the couch. When I went to reach for it, it started to take off again! Luckily I caught it. I was SOOOOOOOO happy.
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

losing a turtle gives you a huge addreniline rush:)
echo444
Level 2
Level 2

Here are a couple of pictures of my sweet baby girl, Crush. The first one was taken 3 days after I got her (January 20th). The other one was taken July 7th. She has REALLY changed. In fact, I measured her tonight and she\'s already 5 1/2 inches long! Not even a year old! She\'s gonna be a big girl!

echo444
Level 2
Level 2

This is one of my FAVORITE pictures of Crush. She was trying to figure out what the camera was and it looks like she has her eyes crossed!

xVBBB Girlx
Level 3
Level 3

how cute how big is he/she?
shortyonesarah
Level 2
Level 2

This is a picture of George the EasternRedBoxTurtle someone gave me a week ago. But i felt bad keeping a wild turtle so I let him go where they found him so he could go and hibernate before it got to cold and before I got too attached to him. I\'ve never really had a BoxTurtle before I only had water turtles (2 painters) named BigFoot and LittleFoot.
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

All these turts are CUTE!!!!!!!!! :)
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

green my cute girl

leo a spoiled boy :s
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

love that last pic
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

thanx:) this is just a small finger puppet he\'s on
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

So cute! I want a baby! :(
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

yeah baby turtles are soo cute..i feel like kissing them right now
xVBBB Girlx
Level 3
Level 3

withing the next coulpe of days or in hoping today i\'ll post pics of my turtle tank nemo, jaws, and lakota my 3 RES
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

yesterday my aunt visited us with her 4 stupid kids..they sneaked into my room and got my turtles out, carried them in an aggressive way and went running..green tried to defend herself so she kept struggling and scratching in the boy\'s hand until he threw her away..i got crazy when i saw this and went mad..i held the guy from his shirt and was about to kill him before my aunt came and took him off..she didn\'t like what happened, took her stupid kids and went home..i don\'t think they\'ll visit us again.lol,,i was really mad..my babies were shocked and never moved for like an hour..:( but now they\'re ok
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

*extreemly disgustedly* UHG! How mean! How old were they?! (cousins)

My boxies got attacked by our dogs a year and a half ago. I didn\'t know. It was at night. I was watching a movie and my dad walked in and told me my turtle was outside and the dogs were chewing on it. They were. I found Jazzy, in Jetta\'s mouth, being rolled around on the cement, and I about had a meltdown. I got her, rinsed her off (she was covered in dog slobber and dirt) with room temp. water, and set her on a dry towl in a tank. Then I looked for Chad outdoors. I couldn\'t find him. Turns out I wouldn\'t find him. My neighbor, Travis, did, a year later, on his porch. Jazzy didn\'t move for over 24 hours and I thought she was dead. I put food in with her and left her in my laundry room, hopeing for the best. In the morning ( a day later ) the food was gone, she had pooped everywhere and her cute little head and long neck were inspecting her new box. :)
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

oh good they\'re all fine now..at least they\'re dogs u don\'t expect something from them..unlike my stupid cousins..they\'re between 5-10 stupid yrs..am still mad
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Ya, my dogs snuck into the \'no dogs\' part of the yard when someone had mistakenly left the gate open. They took the turts right out of their pen!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

lol happens with the best families
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

You should have seen Chad, he went from Bright rad eyes and shell with other colors, all bright, to almost totally bleached out!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

oh no i love their colors i don\'t want them to fade out..what happened?
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Don\'t you follow me? He got loose for a year, and I live in south CA, so he got bleached by the sun, duh! lol :)
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

lol he had a tun..keep some sun protection around so if they\'ll run away..will it get back?(the colors?)
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Ya, after a while they came back. :)
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

good..i meant tan not tun
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

I know. After having an adopted brother like Jeremy, you learn how to read a lot. :)
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

lol..it\'s the stupid keyboard 0:) <angel>
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

(this is how he would spell) I no, tis cebord es badd. :) Really, that;s how he spelled! I miss him...........
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Trailrider wrote:
I know. After having an adopted brother like Jeremy, you learn how to read a lot. :)
Sorry, foster bro.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

oh that\'s miserable spelling..lol where\'s he from?!
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Morongo, like me. Acctually, I\'m from a high class part of Palm Springs, big/little city kinda. He and his sis lived with us for about a year and a half.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

nice..and then?
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Then, his mom got out of jail and they went home, well, actually to their grandma\'s, THEN home.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

oh ok..
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Well what\'s THAT supposed to mean! <hackles up>
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

no it\'s just nice..it doesn\'t happen here..people can hardly handle their own kids,,lol
  • Information