It looks like a RES, but no \'red ears\' HELP PLZ!

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
wisp_13
Level 2
Level 2

Okay, I got a turtle for free all you had to do was buy the food and then it came free with it, anyway, He looks kinda like a RES, but his shell is a olive-ish brown color, really dark, and his carapas/tummy thing is yellow, and he has yellow stripes all over his cute wittle legs, and his head. I thought he was a RES, but he has no \'red ears\' and I know some RES can have orange, or something close to red, but its just the same color yellow as the rest of his stripes. Is he some sort of mutant breed? And also, his shell has little ridges, its weird, I dont over feed him, or feed him too much protein. Is there any other turtle out there that has little ridges on the shell? Like on the spine part? You help is greatly appreciated!
Tinkerbell
Level 3
Level 3

It sounds like an eastern painted turtle only a painted turtles shell is smooth and does not have ridges so i am not sure what kind of turtle you have.
GOOD LUCK :D
wisp_13
Level 2
Level 2

thanks for trying to help me, but I did a search and I think Harley (my turtle) is a \'False Map Turtle\' HMMMMMM......
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

can you post a pic of it?
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

this was posted over a month ago. i havent heard posts from these people science then. sorry but i doubt there going to post. not trying to be mean.
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

I wasn\'t paying attention. My fault!
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

im not trying to tell you off or anything. i like reading the old posts and seeing how people change!
  • Information