question

Discussions about turtles.
txturtleguy03
Level 1
Level 1

is turtlesale.com a good place to purchase turtles? please i need suggestionsd since i am getting a turtle very soon
kujo 5
Level 2
Level 2

I don\'t think so. I checked it out and they sell turtle lagoons with up to 6 turtles!! >:( These are nicknamed death bowls.
Also the largest tank they sell is a 20 gallon that can come with up to 4 turtles that are 5-6 inches in lengeth and they say this is good for the turtles life time.
They even sell 4.5 gallon tanks that come with either 1-4 hatchlings!!
They have info though but most of it is incorrect or misleading.
I have to say that I would deffinitly not buy from this website.

I suggest you buy from one of these sites:
www.bigals.com
www.drsfosterandsmith.com
txturtleguy03
Level 1
Level 1

thanks for your input i will definitely not buy from turtlesale.com
wisp_13
Level 2
Level 2

Umm, artsofnature.com looks okay to me, they give you hatchlings, about the size of a quarter, and a starter kit in either 10 or 20 gallon, they do sell \'lagoons\' but they also advise you to only have them in there temporarily. You get lots of stuff essential for turtles with the 10/20 gallon kits, so if you like check that out. they are kinda pricey, but its a really good deal for all that you get.
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

If you take the time to read some back posts, you\'ll see that artsofnature does not have a good reputation at all.
wisp_13
Level 2
Level 2

Really?! Thanks for warning me, I was thinking about getting some turtles from there, but now I wont. I was wondering though, why dont they have a good reputation?
  • Information