I\'m new

You can chat about non-pet topics here! Be courteous to others and keep it clean!
Turtle_freek...NJ
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 RES Freddrick, Nemo, and Jaws ( bet u cant guess were he got that name lol) and a eastern painted named Fudge. Well at the moment i got the 2 RES and the EP and i got them in a 10g tank is that big enouth i was suppost to get the other turtle and a bigger tank from my cuz....anyways do I need a heat lamp cause right now im using a regular 60w lamp is that ok? ???
Lilypad
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, how big are your turtles? The rule of thumb for turtles in a tank is ten gallons of tank space per inche of turtle shell, that goes for each turtle, you are going to need a big tank... I would look in the paper or on ebay. I heard somewhere that a regular light bulb is fine for heat as long as it produces enough, but I am not 100 percent sure..I do know you need a uvb light (incase you didn\'t know) :) Becareful if you keep your turtles in a small area for too long then they can become aggressive and territorial. Good luck with them and finding a bigger tank.
  • Information