Eating turtle ramp

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
lindsay480

I have a RES that is one year old. I had the plastic turtle ramps that they have, but i didn\'t like the look of them in the tank, so i got a \"Turtle dock\". I got the medium size, and he was fine with it. But recently, he is eating it. He tore it all apart. First he was just scratching the paint off of the bottom of it, but now he eats the dock. The pieces clog the filter and i have to clean the tank like every two days. I hope he doesn\'t get sick from it. I was thinking of another thing to use as a ramp. I tried rocks, but because i keep the tank filled halfway. So that doesn\'t work...my other choice is to go back to the turtle ramp, even though it looks crapy. Is there something else i could use?
lil_turtle_lover
Level 1
Level 1

hrmm.. i have a turtle dock too.. and my turtle isnt eating it.. i think on the package it said non-toxic.. but you should make sure that the turtle doesnt choke on it or cover the bottom with some kind of barrier. what kind of food are you feeding it? maybe it doesnt like the food.. and is despretly trying to find something better.

ps: dont feed it the same thing everyday.. use a variety of foods and see which it likes!
  • Information