feeding?

Discussions about turtles.
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

I have been feeding my 2 5inch res turtles in my 55 gallon tank, but i want to start feeding them in a seperate tank. how high should the water leavle be in the bucket?
sportichic575
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Tim, :)
The water level should be deep enough for the turtle to dunk their head under, cause they need to be able to swallow their food underwater. To be on the comforateable side (for ur turtles) just put the water deep enough to cover the top of their shells.. Hope i helped ;)
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

thanks that helped a little

i just thought of something...
should i use the water from my tank or should i use dechlorinated tap water?

also, is it better for me to put a bunch of food in there and let them eat until there full or put in food and just wait a couple minutes?
sportichic575
Level 1
Level 1

It would be better to keep them with water from their tank. Since they\'re going to be eating they\'ll take in alot of water, so it\'s better if it\'s the water they are used to . And about the feeding them a lot at once, u have to becareful with that because one of them might eat lets say five pellets and leave the other with only two to eat and unles sur watching u won\'t know and ur other one could eventually go hungry. It\'s also a lot cleaner if u just feed them their own food a couple at a time and keep watch. :)
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

after i feed them with water from my tank, should i pour that water back in or refill it w/ declorinated tap?
sportichic575
Level 1
Level 1

is the water in ur tank dechlorinated tap? or do u have it treated?
sportichic575
Level 1
Level 1

Hey just wondering, how old are u. I\'ve been wondering how old the people that I talk to on here are
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

the water in my tank is dechlorinated tap, i am 13 years old, i\'ve had my turtles for about 5 months and i turn 14 in febuary
sportichic575
Level 1
Level 1

Alright, don\'t put the water from the bowl u feed them in back in the tank b/c once they start eating they will almsot definately start pooping all over the place so you don\'t wanna poor that dirty water back in there. Just refill it with clean water :) By the way, i\'m 16 i\'ll be 17 next month
  • Information