Feeding a turtle...

Discussions about turtles.
Bbasso
Level 3
Level 3

I have given my turtles hard boiled eggs a few times and they seem to love it and eat it so fast, I\'m shocked!

I just want to make sure that its ok for them to eat it.
sportichic575
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Rob, I\'m not sure if it\'s ok to feed ur turtle eggs. I have actually never heard of it before. But I guess if they like it it\'s ok. Why don\'t u try feedin them repto min, guppies, romane lettuce, meal worms, or meal shrimp or something more common. I dunno... I just took my turtle to the vet and found out a lot of do\'s and don\'ts. If u have any more q\'s feel free to have
Bbasso
Level 3
Level 3

I feed them all sorts of \'normal\' stuff, It just happened one day I was eating a hardboiled egg and watching them and they were beggin for food like always and I tossed in a very small peice and boom it was gone. They just kept asking for more so I wound up just cutting into small peices and slowly gave it to them... Ever since them I hook them up from time to time with an HB eggs.
I would think It has a lot of nutrition but I was a little nervous if I\'m giving them cholorestorol (sp?) and the plans for a heart attack.
sportichic575
Level 1
Level 1

hehe ya i know what u mean, they can be pretty irresistable when they beg for food!:)
  • Information