need advice on feeding

Discussions about turtles.
dburg

I have 2 RES in a 50 gal tank with a large basking area, basking lamp, uv lighting and 2 filters. the smaller one is always the first to come over at feeding time. Flipper is now developing what I would call fat cheeks? Could this be over feeding, or should I make a vet appointment? They eat guppies, small goldfish, dried shrimp and turtle pellets. Although the one with fat cheeks doesn\'t eat the pellets. Flipper is about 7 mo\'s old and is just sarting to show interest in veggies. I feed them nightly. The larger turtle does not have the \"Fat Cheek\" problem.

Thanks for any advice in feeding. I need it.
rosendo
Level 1
Level 1

I think that isn\'t good about the fat cheeks.I feed my res like about 3 or 4 times a day and he don\'t have fat cheeks.I think you should make a appointment at the vet.
Kantele
Level 2
Level 2

Sometimes when i feed my turtle a complete \"gourmet\" platter, hehe, this includes pellets, shrimp, veggies and some chicken, later they show a little fat cheek, but then the other day they seem normal. I think maybe it is because their stomach is quite full and then they poop and all that stuff and they become normal again.
  • Information