HOLY COW!!! I just had kids!!!! But I need help raising them

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
Bbasso
Level 3
Level 3

Well here is the story..
I had taken in two turtles a while back and recently another one and a snake.
Today I walk near the tank and I see this: :o :o :o :o :o

The big question is what the heck do I do with them now???
turtledudeusa
Level 2
Level 2

well, i dont know what to say about the \"children\" other than congratulations, but i am seriously intrigued about your tank set up...what is the thing that looks like a water slide...and what about the thing that looks like a castle???
Bbasso
Level 3
Level 3

turtledudeusa wrote:
well, i dont know what to say about the \"children\" other than congratulations, but i am seriously intrigued about your tank set up...what is the thing that looks like a water slide...and what about the thing that looks like a castle???
thanks.
the waterfall is part of a filtering system that I just found out is no longer being made. :(

it was around 60-70 new a few years back.

the name of it is :Water\'s Edge Viquarium.

Let\'s keep the excitement going!!!I just witnessed my turtle Shelly (we affectionatley call her Smelly Shelly)dig a clutch & lay about 10 eggs just a little while ago & I have the same question as you-plus how long before they hatch?
az67mustang

Remove the eggs gently without turtning them at all. Put them in a sweater box or something to that effect with about two inches of vermiculite and have the tops of the eggs exposed with moss on the top if you want. The top of the box should have small holes in it. You want to keep the box humid inside. I use a spray bottle and spray once or twice a day. I have had great success with this. Mine always hatch within 80-85 days. Hope this helps
  • Information