i think my turtle threw up a rock or had something!!!!!!!!

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
sprakleschic09
Level 1
Level 1

ok i usually wash my turtle tank once a day and this time i did it at night. he used to have little rocks, when i read the post that they shoudn\'t have small rocks that he could eat, so i switched to larger sized ones. ok well i cleaned his tank and i heard weird noises coming out of the tank. i looked and their was brown stuff with a litle discolored blue rock. i think he either vomited or had some sort of diarrhea!! do they get diarrhea?? and i was thinking that maybe he had constipation if they do get that. i haven\'t seen any poop in his thank lately!! please help. oh another thing i don\'t have any kind of light for him. can i use any other lamp and just put it over his tanks ??? please help ! -alex
bonnie_lynn2001
Level 3
Level 3

i have rocks in my tank and my res eats them and he does poop them out you can see them in the poop
so he probably did poop it out but if they can swallow the rocks you really shouldn;\'t have them in the tank
slider
Level 1
Level 1

You gotta have a basking lamp so that the turtle will actually go on land to warm up. Also if you have a filter you wont have to change the water every day. I bought some turtle clean stuff from petco that has been keeping the water clean for about twice as long.
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

Turtles do eat small rocks and usually expell them when they poop. There\'s always a chance that they could get stuck and he could become impacted, though. In that case, he would need to be seen by a herp vet or he could die.
Last edited by mariza on Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information