not a pretty one

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
cutiepie
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I have a question or two on a not-so-pretty topic: Poop.
I am a new turtle owner and I was just curious about the turtle feces. How often do they poop and just what is a healthy specimen? Any feedback is greatly appreciated and more than welcome.
Jen
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

What comes out depends to some extend on what\'s been fed. Regular poop from turtle pellets is usually dark brown and looks like a big turtle pellet. If they eat, they will eventually poop. Many people who feed in separate containers of water often leave their turtles in the container for a bit longer because they often poop after they\'ve eaten (I have not been successful with this, however). Turtles often eat their poop (one of their less endearing qualities), so don\'t be surprised if you find yours doing it unless you\'re fast at scooping it out. (If he\'s been eating well but you don\'t think he\'s pooping, this is probably what\'s happening.)
bonnie_lynn2001
Level 3
Level 3

i also notice when i feed my res veggies or fruit it usually looks the same goin in as it does coming out like ex. carrots, corn, grapes, leafs..so to try to avoid messes i only give him them once and a while
  • Information